Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I Spy Quilts


I love those novelty kids fabrics! Don't you?

These two quilts were recently given to my music teacher colleagues at our conference.
Both women have multiple children and the "I Spy" quilts make nice entertainment as well as a play or picnic surface.

The 5 inch hexagons were cut from the template seen in the link enclosed here (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300361198358#vi-content) as were the triangle setting pieces. To save time and my mental health, I cut multiple layers of novelty fabric at once.
I also pieced together the horizontal strips before adding on the next strip.
As for quilting, I simply stitched in the ditch everywhere. With busy backing fabric (one was the Eric Carle kids from the book "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, what do you see?" and the other a school bus and neighborhood print) the quilting did not distract at all. Yes, I could have quilted more, but decided against it as time was limited to complete these gifts and actually give them!!

1 comment: