Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Joyful Quilter and Me

When written in Chinese, the word "crisis" is composed of two characters. 
One represents danger and the other represents opportunity.
John F. Kennedy  (*Quotes)

Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between 
obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Your big opportunity may be right where you are now.
Napoleon Hill

The Joyful Quilter in Glenville, New York is thriving. Susan Pettengill, Owner, is celebrating the shop's 5th Anniversary Wed. August 22 through Sunday, August 26th, with sales, a Sit 'N Sew and lots of food.

The piece is titled "The Joyful Quilter and Me" because, not only do I shop and visit the store often, I have now become a "Sample Goddess."


This quilt was my first sample made for the store. It is called "Storm at Sea" and is from Eleanor Burns Quilt in a Day pattern company. I will be teaching the techniques needed for this quilt on two dates this fall! See the photo below.


Next I made and quilted in the modern quilt style, this quilt which I call "Window on a Marmalade Sky."  It is also an Eleanor Burns pattern called "Braid in a Day" and was made with the new Moda line called "Marmalade." I will be teaching this class at The Joyful Quilter on November 24th, 2012.



The quilt to the right is a sample from the book "More Loose Change: 14 Quilts from Nickels, Dimes and Fat Quarters" by Claudia Plett & Le Ann Weaver. A group of ladies are working their way through the book and I will be guiding them on this beauty, called "Twirling Dimes" on December 8th, 2012.


Finally, my latest sample for the store is this huge and colorful beauty. From Whistlepig Creek Fabrics, "Days of Yore" is available at The Joyful Quilter in kit form. The colorful and fun dragons, scales, balls and boxes will enlighten any child's room.

Thrilled to be on The Joyful Quilter's team, I give my thanks and gratitude to store owner Susan Pettengill.  I wish her and the staff  a Happy 5th Anniversary and many more years of quilting to come!!!


3 comments:

  1. 42.868274, -73.927408
    42.868274 -73.927408

    N42° 52.0964', W073° 55.6445'

    These are the GPS coordinates to the store if you are driving or flying from a distance to enjoy this special event!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilts Lynn! How exciting to be teaching at such an awesome store. How lucky our community is to have this gem - happy 5 years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new "job". Of course I love Susan and all the JQ staff. I so want to get over there this week and sew a bit but there is just so much on my To Do list that I'm not sure I can. And I'm going to check my calendar and see if I can fit in a class or 2 this fall. Meeting you in person would be great.

    ReplyDelete