Friday, September 14, 2012

Happy Autumn Eating!


As you all know, I participate in a Community Support Agriculture (CSA) share from Roxbury Farm in Kinderhook, New York  (Roxbury Farm Website). The above veggies and fruits are some of my share this past week. All together we received arugula, broccoli, broccoli rabe, Carmen peppers, corn, Delicata squash, green beans, salad mix, Beefsteak tomatoes, Cherry tomatoes, Roma tomatoes, parsley and apples.

Not the best cook on Earth (I'd rather be quilting!), I depend on my friend, The Purple Cook, to guide my way through this new adventure in these fabulous and rich veggies. Her website provides cooking ideas and recipes, as well as freezing and long term menu planning ideas.

This week myself and another friend had our recipes featured on The Purple Cook. Check out the Sept. 13th, 2012  post titled "Readers Suggest: Arugula, Corn, Green Beans, and Tomatoes".


My recipe is the green bean salad which was a center piece of my bridal shower luncheon table well over a decade ago. Here is the link:  Green Bean Salad
(Photo borrowed from www.myrecipes.com)

Enjoy and Happy Autumn Eating!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment