Sunday, November 25, 2012

"Braid in a Day" by Eleanor Burns

THE QUESTION:
What can you get from one Jelly Roll of beautiful fabrics and a pattern by Eleanor Burns?


THE ANSWER: Endless options for beautiful braids and even more beautiful quilts!

This is my "Window on a Marmalade Sky" made from Eleanor Burn's "Quilt in a Day" pattern.
It was made as a sample for The Joyful Quilter in Glenville, New York.
It was my first attempt at quilting in the modern quilt style and 
I am very happy with how it turned out.



From Moda's line called "Double Chocolat" comes this little donation for The Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative.

The braid below became a table runner also from the "Double Chocolat" line of fabrics. (In real life it is rectangular and not wonky as per this photo :-))






Here are my Christmas scrappy placemats and the mini-braid which will become a donation to AAQI.


Finally, after a four hour class today my seven students each completed a braid. Everyone seemed to have a good time and check out these amazing results.


Paula came prepared to make the table runner above. Can't wait to see the placemats to go with it.
Rosemary used the bright and sunny fabrics below for a beautiful braid.

 Maureen's batiks are just stunning. I helped her pick the framing and border fabrics and I can't wait to see the finished quilt!


 This is Pat's "Fellowship" by Moda on the left and Deb K's "Double Chocolat" on the right.
Below are Pat and Debbie M's "Fellowship" braids side by side. Amazing!
Below are Maureen's batiks, Sandy's "Fellowship" sampler, Debbie M's "Fellowship" braid and Deb  K's "Double Chocolat" all in a row!  What a great day and a fun class.  
Thank you, Ladies.





3 comments:

  1. I've made ONE braid quilt, took me so long, I hated it, I hated going to the iron after every 4 seams (4 braids)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great. Glad you all had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. grace.cowtan@rogers,comAugust 18, 2013 at 4:18 PM

    I would like to see a video on this

    ReplyDelete