Friday, July 12, 2013

The Teacher becomes a Student

"The teacher who is indeed wise does not bid you to enter the house of his wisdom but rather leads you to the threshold of your mind." - Kahlil Gibran 

"Who dares to teach must never cease to learn." - John Cotton Dana  

"I hear, and I forget.  I see, and I remember. I do, and I understand." - Chinese Proverb



Today, I am going to be a student again. This is the preparation for a "Needleturn Applique" class I'm taking with Kathryn Greenwold at the Joyful Quilter in Glenville, NY.

I'm a bit nervous as the only handwork I've ever done is binding a quilt. So, here I go....over prepared, as is my personality, and with very little expectations of my own skills in this area. It will be a true day of discovery.

What classes have you taken or discoveries have you made recently that have impacted your art?



2 comments:

  1. I hope you had a blast and learned a lot from Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Michele, Kathie was awesome! My ability to sit still long enough for needle-turn work leaves something to be desired, however. I hope to learn the patience needed to at least finish the piece. Check my Facebook page "This Quilting Mama" later this afternoon for photos of what I WAS able to do with this first attempt at a new skill!

    ReplyDelete