On a trip to a quilt show, I had the privilege of spending some time at this Amish Market in Flemington, New Jersey. At breakfast the second day (Yes, I had to go there twice as it was that wonderful!), I asked my server if it would be acceptable to photograph the market if I avoided taking pictures of the people. She said YES! This is the photo journey of my time.
Some of my favorite Amish Proverbs from the book "by
- Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
- The kind of ancestors you have is not as important as the ones your children have.
- The best things in life are not things.
- A family that works together, grows together.
- Very few burdens are heavy if everyone lifts.
Here is the website if you want to plan your trip to this wonderful place: http://www.dutchfarmersmarket.com/