Tuesday, May 17, 2011

CeCe's Sack Charity Quilt Challenge


A local quilt shop had a lovely challenge in the late spring of 2009. CeCe, one of their part time workers, created sacks of random fabric. The store owner wrote, "We challenged these quilters to make a quilt top (which will eventually be finished and donated to charity) using at least half of the 2 1/2" strips in a CeCe sak, plus their own fabric if desired." The results were 27 fabulous quilts. My donated creation is seen here and won Second Place by all who voted on-line and in person during the annual Shop Hop.

In reflection, the very first quilt I made during a blizzard in 1996 was a "Trip Around the World" pattern similar to this one. I guess, fundamentally, I haven't really journeyed far from my quilting roots. After all, with the exception of some fancy quilting, I still sew in mostly straight lines!

3 comments:

  1. This is really lovely, Lynn. It makes me think of things beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is awesome Lynn, I like the sense of depth and color. My your hands were busy:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Ladies. I think I used all the fabrics given and then some of my own yellows and blues. A fun project!

    ReplyDelete