Sunday, December 30, 2018


  
Hi Friends and Followers, 
I woke up today with all my usual good intentions and the thought of what 2019 might hold on my mind. What New Year's Resolutions should I actively pursue? 
(Other than my annual desire to lose weight, exercise, eat better and save more money.)
The blog came to mind. I should say hello and tell the world where I've been.

Wow! It's been three years since I've actively been blogging. That seems impossible. Time does certainly fly right by when you are having fun. 

In the Fall of 2016, I accepted a teaching position in a small city surrounded by the most beautiful country upstate New York has to offer. The experience has truly changed my life and our family's........ well, everything. Now I am........
Elementary Music Educator in three buildings, with three choruses, and on an incredible team with 5 other fabulous musician/ teachers. I've traded my Mama homewear for these and an awesome uniform of black plants and whatever is handy for a nice top. 

On Friday's we dress down and this particular Friday was Field Day! I was a crossing guard for the event....(as no one wants to see me run, HA!)  Here I am leading the whole school and about 300 parents in our version of the YMCA! We do have fun at my new job!


As for the family, well these children keep growing.........They are 12 and 8 and very active with music, Cub Scouting, and here our trip to Rose Island off the coast of Rhode Island. We spent three days camping in a Colonial barracks and living without electricity. It was quite an adventure. We also did some hiking and ocean kayaking around the island. Check it out........https://www.roseisland.org/


 Otherwise, we sail our small boats, are busy with church activities, playing our instruments, doing complicated math homework, or otherwise running around with our activities.





Finally the union of my work and home life comes on Saturdays. For the past 12 years,  I have been teaching with the Capital District Youth Chorale. Here is a photo of us at the Palace Theatre in Albany for the Magic of Christmas. Our daughter now sings with the Chorale and is in the photo below (as am I). What an amazing parenting moment!


Therefore Friends, I can't promise lots of Quilting will happen here, but the goal for 2019 is to try to get back to it. Until then.........enjoy the photos, the stories, and keep doing whatever you love. 

Glad to be back and Happy New Year, 
This Quilting Mama





2 comments:

  1. Welcome home, dear woman. Love the pictures. Blessings on this new and continued journey!!

    ReplyDelete